You can plan a family road trip but you can’t plan what you want to do with your life
- Make a decision to drive from Auckland to Wellington with friends or family and you will start to think about all the things you need for a successful trip, maps, a reliable car, refreshments, places to stay for the night etc.
- When we decide to make a change in our lives we stand like a possum in the headlights unable to move and get to safety at the other side of the road. But is it really so different?
- Life is a journey rather than a destination. It requires you to have a place to aim for but flexibility is needed on your route. Once you get to your first goal you feel more empowered to be looking ahead to take the next step.
- When planning a life journey you need exactly the same elements as you need for that family car trip. I see myself as your personal AA representative helping you to plan and execute the journey to the new life you crave.
Choosing your Destination
- Every Journey needs a destination. If you don’t know where you are going you will probably end up somewhere you don’t want to be. Identifying exactly what you are looking for and what you want to do when you arrive will make planning so much easier.
- I can help you to look at the possibilities so that you set a goal that really inspires you and gets you excited. A destination that you know will meet your needs and provide a solid starting point for future excursions.
Plan the route
- Often the real fun of any trip is in the planning and the journey itself. So you plan the places you will stop to look at the view or where you will stay to break the journey.
- The journey to your goal is no different. You need to plan the route to your new life but be flexible so that you are not distracted when things don’t go as planned. We often find that a direct route won’t work so have to find an alternative or follow a detour.
- I can help you with possible stumbling blocks and help you to navigate your way through the challenges and diversions.
Check the car out
- Before any journey you need to check your car over and make sure that it has a current WOF, is mechanically safe, and has any special additions it needs for your destination such as snow tyres or roof rack.
- In life when you are starting on a new track you need to ensure that you are physically and emotionally prepared for the journey and that you have the specialist training or knowledge to reach your goal.
- I can help you to work through your personal warrant of fitness. Help you to ensure that you have or can acquire just what you need to reach your destination.
- There will always be times when, despite your best efforts things go wrong. This is where the road side rescue organisations can step in and help with mechanical help or even a tow to a garage so you can get back on the road.
- I can be your personal roadside rescue. Providing encouragement, even a firm push to get started when you stall. Whatever you need to keep you on the road
- Why struggle on your own driving around lost and hungry when you can have your own guide to point you in the right direction and keep you moving forward?